Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - URGENT help! Power steering failure. (CLIO M REG 1994)

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10th December 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by chris m View Post
I'm guessing you have a belt driven power steering not the electrical style as your clio is the same age as mine.
the belts are located on the drivers side of the engine. the power steering pump is at the front behind the headlamp. you should be able to loosen the bolts on the bracket and rotate it forwards to take up the slack before retightening
Hmm, well this fault is only intermitent. And I think it is more of an electrical fault as when the dash lights flash (temp light, oil gauge and oil level light.) the power steering goes. This can SOMETIIMES be fixed by turning the engine off and on. Although, more often than not the only way to remedy it is to leave the car off for 30+ minutes. As I said before this only happens when the car drops below 1500 revs, and not every time. /But when it starts to happen, thats it for the duration of the journey... below 1500 revs = no power steering!
Currently in Gerbik's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome