Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Flash car wash system

View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 26th July 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I've given up trying to keep the wheels clean, and just settle for the half-job that the roll-over car wash up the road does. Still, at 2 quid a go for their top wash (provided you buy fuel or something from the shop) it makes more sense than getting the bucket out. The car has 3 years and 80,000 miles worth of chips and dings in it, so I've given up on making it look good. Maybe when I get the new one...

But back to the wheels: These 17" Silverstones are a nightmare. Fourteen separate spokes by the time you get to the rim - it takes forever to get into all the nooks and crannies, even with a toothbrush. I've tried all sorts of things on them, but the only thing that was any good was some aerosol stuff from a cheapie shop in Caernarfon. I don't know what I did with it, and when I went back for more, they'd stopped selling it. It must have been pretty strong stuff, as the instructions said you had to wear gloves when applying it to avoid burning your skin.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome