Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Check ESP, Spanner

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 18th October 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Check ESP, Spanner

Hi, i recently purchased a renault clio sport 08 plate. i had it for 3 weeks before it was back in garage with a cracked manifold. Due to it being under warranty i had to take it to the garage i purchased it from, Ford (Evans Halshaw). It was in garage for 4 weeks, they replaced the manifold eventaully but in doing so caused other problems, it had to get a new starter motor, then they had to get a renault sparky up to investigate why it still wouldnt start.

Anyway, i got the car back on Wednesday with no explination other than its fixed.... but on driving it home 3 lights came up, see attached. Check ESP, Spanner and car in triangle. I immediatley took it back to garage and left it there. I got a phone call from the workshop manager 15 mins after dropping it off, telling me that this is normal and it was only the bascially the traction control taking over due to the bad weather and the speed i was driving at???

I however am not convinced.... they have told me i can collect my car today as there is nothing wrong and the lights are now off. Can you please help? As I am getting really worried about this car now due to it being out of warranty in 3 weeks. I read on other sites that it may be something to do with the brakes, brake fluid or something?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New Image.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	27482  
Currently in Cliolor's garage:
Renult Clio Sport 08
  5 Lastest Threads by Cliolor
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Check ESP, Spanner Brakes/Hubs Click4 2 1233 18th October 2013 08:36 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome