Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - laguna II brakes problem

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 19th October 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
laguna II brakes problem

i apologise in advance as this could be the first post of many , and they'll probably all be long winded, my first problem is this:

my 03 plate 1.8 petrol laguna has been driving terrible lately, feels like i'm driving with the brakes on, last couple of weeks it's got worse. start driving and the car almost comes to a halt, then shoots forward as if (in my son's words) i'm using boost on a racing game , and keeps doing this. while it's doing this the brake pedal is rock hard. i thought it may be a vacuum leak, so sprayed carb cleaner around all vacuum pipes , inlet manifold etc, but nothing. last week or so i've noticed a hissing noise coming from the servo area under the dash, sometimes when i press the brake pedal, sometimes when i release the brake pedal and sometimes when i'm just driving along. i suspected the servo, but a mate who's a mechanic said .. it's not the servo, it's the master cylinder. i've got a replacement servo and master cylinder, but need to know which one it's likely to be , as the servo seems to be a MUCH bigger job. hence why i asked for a renault mechanic. according to the haynes manual, i remove the master cylinder and the heater blower motor, and then remove the two screws holding the servo (piece of ****, right?) but in reality i can remove the bottom servo bolt, but the top one is behind the air con and completely inaccessible without stripping out the dashboard and most of the front end. is there an easier way to do this, or is mr haynes ****ing himself laughing at my expense?

thanks for reading
  5 Lastest Threads by burnout
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
laguna II noisy, misfiring and limp mode :( Engines burnout 1 737 20th February 2014 09:18 PM
laguna II brakes problem Brakes/Hubs 1111bill 2 1009 19th October 2013 02:13 AM
laguna rear engine mount? Engines burnout 2 1160 26th March 2012 06:18 PM
removing laguna driveshaft?? Steering and Suspension burnout 2 1794 19th March 2012 06:41 PM
emissions failure mot Engines 007jkp 4 1299 17th April 2010 12:55 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome