Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Leather trim

Thread: Leather trim
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11th December 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Leather trim

My 2003 Clio Dynamique has, like lots of others, leather trim on the steering wheel. Recently this has started to lift in one section of the wheel rim. The car is coming up to 4 yrs old on Feb 1 and has covered 27,000 miles from new.
Renault UK are not interested (it's out of warranty), The dealer who sold it said it wasn't their problem and there was no contribution from Renault. Trading standards say it is the dealers problem under the sale of good act so I am now awaiting the dealers response to a letter requesting that the faulty steering wheel be rectified free of charge.
Having now lost all faith in Renault after sales service and with the car out of warranty I called at my local garage to enquire about a service and MoT and just mentioned the problem with the steering wheel. The response was immediate: "Bet the leather trim is lifting, I know two more exactly the same!"
I have a friend who bought a new Laguna and among other things the trim fell off that, he will never buy another Renault and I think that my car next might just have a little lion on the front.
  5 Lastest Threads by mr.ed
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
whats happening Feedback & Announcements espaced? 5 1325 15th December 2006 03:08 PM
Leather trim Cars & motoring VelSatisfied 14 2303 11th December 2006 01:53 PM
Clio Pollen filter Heating & cooling Michael-S 1 1626 9th August 2006 07:16 AM
Smelly Clio diesel Engines 1 1190 16th March 2006 03:44 PM
Clio 1.5 Dci and Oil Spec Engines emibobe 8 20758 28th February 2006 07:36 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome