Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II Phase 1 - Interiors - Instrument Panel Failure

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 24th October 2005
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Instrument Panel Failure

I have a Laguna II, 2001 model. Just recently, after starting and moving off, all warning lights in the

instrument panel flash three times and then stop and then the speedo and rev counter stay at their position when the

lights stopped flashing. There is also no reading from the fuel gauge or temperature gauge or the mileage.
When the engine is switched off, nothing changes (speedo and rev counter still in same position i.e. 15 mph @ 1500

There is also no bleep when the door is opened to remove the mag card but the interior lights do come on when

removing the card before the door is opened.
I have been able to reset everything by disconnecting the earth lead of the battery and then reconnecting. All is ok

for the next journey but when left for a few days (car is only used Sat & Sun) the same happens again.
I have removed the battery and charged for 24 hours but the same happened.
I did go out one night and with the lights on; the dash lights flashed three times and then remained illuminated but

the speedo and rpm counter went below 0 (as switched off position) also no fuel or temp gauge. When reached

destination, switched off, pull card out, the dash remained illuminated.It was still illuminated after an hour so

had to remove earth lead again to reset. All ok until the next journey again.
I have also noticed that the drivers window during the first few minutes of starting, would only open about an inch

of a time. This is a one touch open and close. The others would all open ok. After about ten minutes it would work

as normal. Does this vehicle have multi-plex wiring?
I thought I'd search the internet for this problem thinking that it must be a common fault.I did find that a lady

had the same problem but there was no final answer to the problem.
I detest the thought of taking the car to a Renault dealer although I probably know I have too, but can anyone

enlighten me on what to try beforehand? I know it is a fault of Renault and they will just rub their hands together.

Any help in this matter would be greatfully appreciated.
Currently in Shaun's garage:
Laguna II 1.8 Expression 2001
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome