Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Engines - 1.6VVT Auto 2nd Gear

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11th December 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Just to update you on my story.
Renault forked out for half the cost of replacing the hydraulic distributer. So I had it replaced but, shortly after the light came on for a gearbox warning which turned out to be a faulty solenoid valve. The garage tried to sting me for that replacement. I argued my case as it was the communication point between the part they replaced and the gearbox.
While I was disputing the repair costs we went to France on holiday. We got 30 miles from the port before the gearbox overheated. A French Renault garage checked for a fault and did not find one with the computer but, when I explained the repairs that were done before, they re-did the levels for the oil an hey presto it worked better that it had done for a long long time.
They did not charge me and did a valet on the car, great!
When I arrived home I challenged the local garage that they did not set the levels correctly. They denied but, waived the cost of the 2nd repair (Like they had the choice).
Anyway hopefully this will help you if you have issues with your auto scenic that seem to be related. It would be wise to enquire if there is a mechanic available at your local Renault garage who knows his ar&e from his auto gearbox.
Currently in Orphee's garage:
Scenic 1.6 Auto RXT
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome