Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Which one????

Thread: Which one????
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 21st October 2013 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Which one????

Cheers Hondo,

you right I could not afford an 08 megane but not too much older than that can be had for a grand which I might be able to push to.

A friend at work has had a Megane II for ages and it's been abused but she has not had too much grief, makes a funny squark noise when it starts though!!

I not fussed about servicing such as belts etc. as my belief is to always service and maintain your vehicle and it will look after you. I get really upset when cars arn't looked after, I looked at a potentially nice 02 1.4 Megane with only 56k on the clock a week ago, the guy had had it four years and had couldn't recall ever having it serviced. I actually struggled to get the dipstick out and when I did it was dry! The aux belt was cracked to bits and the tensioner was dry as a bone and howling like hell, god knows the state of the water pump/cambelt etc. The water looked like something from a canal! Weirdly in started and ran and drove great I was almost tempted to put in a stupid offer but the guy made it clear he thought it was worth the money as it was such a low miler!!!

So I suppose the decision still is Megane I low miles ( if I can find one ) or Megane II medium/high miles?

Anyone any opinions about the Diesels?

Currently in tiger750's garage:
2000 1.4 16v Scenic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome