Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - rev counter & temp guage problems

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12th December 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
rev counter & temp guage problems

I have a 51 plate renault clio dynamique and i am being driven to distraction with it. About 8 weeks ago the rev counter started going a bit wonky it would drop to zero when i was driving along and then seconds later the temp guage would do exactly the same. They kept dancing up and down... totally erratic. After a few days of that happening the car wouldnt start, it would turn over but not connect through to the engine.. at least that what it felt like.

Anyway took it into my local renault garage and they said they checked all the conections etc and cleaned everything up. things were ok for 2 weeks and for the past 6 weeks i've had the same trouble, an erratic rev and temp guage and the car starting intermittantly.

Renault keep saying they cant find the fault becuase it doenst do it with them when i take it in...

Can anyone help.... please ????
Currently in feehatesrain's garage:
2001 Renault Clio 1.4
  5 Lastest Threads by feehatesrain
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Rev Counter & Temp Guage Probs Electronics peanuts 1 1016 12th December 2006 01:52 PM
rev counter & temp guage problems Clio Ralph 9 3256 12th December 2006 01:43 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome