Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Scenic - Starting Problem *fixed*

View Single Post
post #28 of (permalink) Old 24th October 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to delstuart1963 Send a message via Skype™ to delstuart1963
Re: Renault - Scenic - Starting Problem *fixed*

I had a simlar problem starting my Scenic, even with a spare Battery to jump start, it was lucky if I managed to get the car started. it would even show signs of flat battery turning over with not firing up, and became a stressful task to start up. I eventually admitted defeat, and took it in to a garage, told the mechanic the symptoms, and said I'd seen forum reports saying once started the computer did not find anything wrong with the running engine. True the computer found nothing wrong. So I said Change the TDC Sensor, as the car was already there. Very fair Machanic, he charged me for the replacement TDC , and not the computer check.
We are Now into the 2nd week, and the cars started without missing a beat.
So follow the video and pictures on here (The Forum) or get the TDC changed first, as soon as you get a starting problem. I changed my alternator - Condenser plugs before seeing reports on here (forum) about the TDC . The Garage charged me 70 square. I must report that I still have a leaking into the foot wells of the car, thats my next problem to sort out.
Currently in delstuart1963's garage:
Renault Scenic Megan 1.6 Automatic 2002
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome