Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Dealer Complaint, just wanted your thoughts on the situation.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 24th October 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Dealer Complaint, just wanted your thoughts on the situation.

Hi guys, I had a very infuriating experience with my local Renault dealer yesterday and wanted to share it with you to get your feedback.
Firstly, this is the second time that I have had to complain to Renault UK about this dealer, I have a 2002 Clio V6 and on Sunday noticed that my key fob (virgin clip - separate key and fob) had stopped working. I decided to open it up to replace the battery myself when I noticed that a small piece of plastic that presses the button inside had snapped off. Instead of attempting to botch a repair I decided to just get a new key. I booked it in with who said it would take no more than 45 minutes. After waiting for an hour and a half the very nice gentleman on the service reception desk informed me that my car was ready and that I owed 175.20 for the new fob and coding. This is where it starts to go downhill, the second that i pressed enter on the chip and pin machine the service receptionist said 'the technician has told me to inform you that you have an underlying fault on your central locking system so the fob will not activate the central locking, however your alarm will still arm/disarm. I left, not happy, because the only response I could get from him or the other, very unfriendly, woman behind the desk was to book it in for them to diagnose the problem for 75/hr + VAT. When I got home I locked my doors with my key and pressed the button on my fob to arm the alarm but there were no signs of anything happening so I decided to open the door to see if the alarm sounded. Nothing happened and the car was NOT immobilised. I then called back and happened to be put through to the same gentleman that I was dealing with earlier. He went to speak to the technician and came back and informed me now that 'because [I] have a fault on the central locking system the alarm will not arm.' I was not happy at him contradicting himself within half an hour and as he was only, essentially, a receptionist I asked to speak to the service manager. We then kept going round in circles because he claimed that there was a fault on the central locking system before I came in but I KNOW that the previous key was working fine before that piece of plastic snapped. I find it too much of a coincidence that the moment my key broke that my car also happened to have a central locking fault. I asked the service manager, who was blatantly trying to fob me off and get rid of me ASAP, what he thought considering my central locking and alarm was working fine with my old fob, then I pay 175.20 for a new fob and coding and now I have a useless piece of plastic that does as much as my old, broken fob does. The service manager was adamant that because they had not diagnosed the car and they had done what they were asked that there was nothing more they could do, apart from offering me a special reduced labour rate of 60/hr + VAT for him to diagnose the car. I told him that this was unacceptable and that I would like my money back, he said that was impossible. After going around in circles for 30 minutes on the phone I got frustrated and told him that he has lost a customer.
I then made a complaint to Renault UK who gave me the standard scripted response and I am currently waiting for them to get back to me as they have to get the dealers side of the story.
I would be very appreciative for your feedback. I just think that as my car was working fine before it went in and the fact that they were working on the central locking/alarm system that was then not working when I picked my car up that this has to be the dealers fault?
Thanks in advance
Currently in mlester187's garage:
30+ cars, you guys may be most interested in the 2002 Clio V6 ;-)

Last edited by hondo; 24th October 2013 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Naming & shaming Garage name removed RFs Rules
  5 Lastest Threads by mlester187
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Dealer Complaint, just wanted your thoughts on... Cars & motoring DrRog 11 1885 24th October 2013 08:52 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome