Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - windsrenn wiper hell !!!!

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 25th October 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
We had an Orion that did the same thing. I fixed it by repeatedly flicking the wipers on for a split second (just long enough to get them to start wiping) and letting them return on their own. Not that this trick will always work - I reckon I just got lucky.

There are two power supplies to the wiper motor: One that's only powered when the wipers are switched on or the intermittent relay sends a pulse, and another one that's 'always on' which returns the wipers to the 'park' position when you switch them off. This second circuit doesn't really get a lot of use, and the contacts can get mucky as a result. Forcing some power through them (with the trick I mentioned above) might just be enough to bring them back to life.

Of course it could just be an iffy connection to this second circuit, a fault in the motor, or even just a blown fuse. This circuit doesn't go through the wiper relay, so changing the relay won't make any difference.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome