Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Dealer Complaint, just wanted your thoughts on the situation.

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 25th October 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Dealer Complaint, just wanted your thoughts on the situation.

Originally Posted by Renoir White View Post
So are you saying that your central locking and alarm & immobiliser all worked perfectly fine for years with no problem until the fob recently broke? Is it a Renault Main Dealer you are dealing with? Perhaps the dealership should have demonstrated to you the operation of the new key fob before you was asked for payment knowing only part of the system could be activated.
It is awkward getting correct information from people when there is a game of 'chinese whispers' going on from the technician to the service desk to the receptionist to the manager etc.

I know you are upset as a lot of money has been spent, but don't get hot-headed with the people you are speaking too, keep things polite and factual and complaints are best laid out in writing (e-mail or letter) so facts are clear for all parties to consider.
I have owned the car for 2 years and never had a problem with the central locking/alarm systems. It is a Renault Main Dealer, albeit a small one. There is nothing to demonstrate with regards to the key fobs functionality as it is useless. It does nothing but blink its red light when I press it, there is no indication on the car when I press the fob. Renault UK got back to me and said that because I didn't ask them to diagnose the problem they have done what I asked, coded a key. I'm getting nowhere, everyone I speak to is reeling off the same scripted answers. I have given up, the whole experience has further reinforced my hatred of all main dealers and the fact that they don't care about their customers. I own two renaults that I could have serviced there every year but they don't care for it. Very frustrated, it's not the issue of the money, it's just the fact that I asked them to do something and they broke something else, or it is just a MASSIVE coincidence.
Currently in mlester187's garage:
30+ cars, you guys may be most interested in the 2002 Clio V6 ;-)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome