Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Urgent suggestions please

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 25th October 2005 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to Disky
Sorry L2O,,i should have mentioned

Car starts fine now first time no bump start required. When trying to start it the other night,, my missus run the battery down.

When i put the booster box on it last night,, it just clicked away and would not turn over,, although i thought i heard it trying to turn once. I did try to start it without the booster box, and the battery was really low,, took the card out and the clicking continued,,this did freak me out a bit,, so i quickly hooked up the booster pack and that seemed to stop it.

I'm not mechanically minded and this car is one i just cant seem to get to grips with,, they have all the goodies, but it would appear that 1 fault can trigger another and then the diagnostics are a bit more difficult. Now it starts and no problems at all so im just happy to have it back.

As for not bumping it because it has a cat,, i have never heard of this before,, what is the damage this can cause ? You learn something all the time from others, and this is something i would never have thought of, but i now know and this is something i will bear in mind, didnt realise they were so fragile.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome