Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - New member and scared already

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 14th December 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
IDE For Ever

Thought i would add a few comments now that i have been driving my 2.0IDE for 5 months and driven nearly 10k.

I am very happy with the car - so far there have been no mjor problems The only problem that i have had is an intermttent missing front wheel [according to the tyre pressure sensor] - it usually reappears after a few miles. Once i was told a fully inflated tyre was flat - it took 24hours for that to solve its-self

My only complaints are with speed and economy - especially compared with my old Vectra 2.5 [1999 117k] and my wifes 2.0l 5 Series [1998 108k]

I get around 35/36mpg if i stick to 70mph, go any faster and consumption drops to 30. my top speed seems to be around 105 [eventually] The Vectra and BMW both go well upto around 110 and consumption remains in the 35mpg range. Must admit i am surprised at the difference

Overall I love the car and have no regrets about going IDE . Incidently the last service cost about 50% of the other two
Currently in plevente's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna Privilege 2.0 IDE
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome