Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Safrane V2 1997 Climate/heater malfunction

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 14th December 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Post Safrane V2 1997 Climate/heater malfunction

Hi ,

I am new here, but have a problem also.

Last week pressing the Auto button on the climate control had no effect on starting up the heater system (it was set to 20°C on both sides. The fan refused to work at all. Warm air was "wafting" in and then the "Service" indicator came on the Amber LCD display after half a mile or so. hitting the manual controls had no effect either, changing fan speed by hand also did nothing to start the blower.

having stopped and parked the car, I left it locked for about half an hour. I then got bak in to drive home and just hit the manual "in your face" button to start the heater and it worked.
Hitting the auto button however stops the heater again, UNLESS the fan is on full speed!!.

Over the last few days the heater has not worked at all despite trying all sorts of combinations of buttons....what is going on?
I have a feeling that the Climate control panel is a fault, as the fan works well on the odd occasion that it actiualy switched on.

I had the A/C re-gassed back in August, and it actually still produces "wafts" of cold air without the blower working!!

anyone have any ideas...or maybe a spare Phase 2 Climate panel unit? Will a Phase 1 unit work in there?

Any help would be good before the frost arrives.

Currently in K6dude's garage:
1993 Volvo 850 SE 2.0 20v Est Manual, 89k miles. 1996 Volvo 2.5 20v 850 Est CD Manual 49000 miles.
  5 Lastest Threads by K6dude
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
What (roughly) would I get for my Safrane Questor? Cars & motoring K6dude 33 6808 20th October 2011 10:01 PM
Safrane Questor 2.5 auto Diagnostic Socket Engines SafraneInfo 2 2777 23rd November 2010 01:25 AM
Safrane 2.5 Exec ABS light Electronics SafraneInfo 3 1456 4th September 2010 10:28 PM
Safrane Questor X odometer peculiarity. Electronics K6dude 12 2985 11th August 2010 08:26 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome