Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane 3's in the Snow

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 29th October 2013
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: Megane 3's in the Snow

Ditchfinders: I personally think a lot of the cheaper tyre makes bad rep is "me spend big bucks on sexy alloys, then spend whatever I have left on some tyres that will fit"
Something similar to what I did really but I went for budget tyres that were actually suited to the rimsize.

Because the tyres are inexpensive, they get a "double whammy"
1. they probably arent as good as tyres 3 times the price,but if people buy them to squeeze on as an incorrect fitting and then moan about them later,its a catch 22.

2.I wouldnt mix different brands on the same axle at all(personally), unless it was a temporary spare thing.
In the sense that : 1 vry good tyre and one not so good could be worse than 2 not so good on the same axle?

Mrs.P?.. 4 michelin alpine 3s or 4s?.. not cheap but not much more expensive than regular tyres in that size.
For my 20 in wheels .. or your no longer in garage porsche : cost somethin horrible like 400 per tyre.. Hah .. another reason to take my alloys off for winter!
Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome