Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Is the Megane Dynamique actually more Dynamic?

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 30th October 2013
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Re: Is the Megane Dynamique actually more Dynamic?

Depends on the year of the car, but the phase 2 Meganes have better suspension (2006 >), similar to the RenaultSport setup IIRC.

The phase 1 Expression's have quite good equipment levels though, just short of the Dynamique variant, but the Expression trim in a phase 2 is dire.

Mine is a late 2005 Expression and has the phase 2 electrics etc, but I'm not sure which suspension set up it had. The steering took a bit of getting use to after driving the Alfa though...

In terms of trim, the only thing my Expression did not have (and the Dynamique does have), is alloy wheels if going by the exterior only. Interior wise, and creature comfort I suppose, it didn't have the autodip mirror (which is plug and play), or a leather steering wheel. Then you have some extra options available on the Dynamique that are not available on the Expression, i.e. climate control, cruise control.....
Currently in TazzyK's garage:
Renault Clio 1.4 16v Privilege (2004), Renault Megane 1.5 dCi 106 Expression (2005), Volkswagon Passat 2.0 TDi S (2006), Alfa Romeo 159 2.4 JTDm QTronic Lusso (2008)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome