Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - New member and scared already

View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 15th December 2006
ide man
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs up thumbs up for ide

Good to hear your comments about your Laguna ide .
I have had mine for about 3 years now and has been very reliable I have had the odd annoying fault like my passenger window stuck in safe mode . As for the engine no problems and I have just done 80,000 miles and runs like a dream on the motorway get about 35 mpg at 80mph the engine doesn't like round town driving as mpg drop to 29 mpg . This engine got a stick by some people but allot of this was due to poor maintenence and renault sticking 17,000 service gaps on the car and then people sticking the wrong plugs in the car causing the engine to carbon up .

As for performance mine will easily do 120-130 on the motorway 0-60 isnt blistering thoe but pulls nice and steady right the way through .
If you have the initiale spec you have a top car the only thing that puts me off buying another renault is the aftersales service and the service costs £89 an hour labour lol are they having a laugh my local garage charges me £30 an hour and takes greater pride in there work .

Thanks ide man
Currently in ide man's garage:
03 laguna initiale 2ltr ide
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome