Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Scenic II - Digital Display Flickering*Fixed*

View Single Post
post #171 of (permalink) Old 31st October 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Re: Renault - Scenic II - Digital Display Flickering*Fixed*

Hi all:
Its been a long time since i posted anything on here but having just bought a used Megane Scenic MK2 2005 with what seems to be standard Digital Dash Death wish, I now need some advice from those that have solved the problem.
I returned the car to the dealers I bought it from and they said they would replace the dash with a refurbished one for me free of charge which i would have expected.
When they said one was available for me i rushed down and the whole fixing job took less than 5 mins.
Unfortunately the dash was from an automatic so the PRDN was displayed along with various warnings to Check Gearbox..... my car is manual.
Also the radio display will no longer work or be controlled by the remote column stalks.
After reading other posts about this i seem to understand that it wont work as it is the wrong dash for the radio in the car (the radio comes on ok when controlled by its own buttons but no display). The dealer is ordering another "refurbised Dash" but how to make sure this one works with my cars radio.
Question: How many differant types of radio are fitted to Megane Scenics MK2 2005 and how to find out the right one for my car. Also if anyone else swapped to a refurbished digi dash did their radio work or if not how did they solve it.
I can see an eventual trip to Renault for the 150 dash replacement heading my way.
Cheers Dave.
Currently in WREXHAM-RX4's garage:
Magane Scenic MK2 2005 and Ford Ka Sport
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome