Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Someone help please!!

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 15th December 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
This is normal behaviour for the central locking if one of the doors isn't shut properly, so I'd guess that the car at least thinks this is the case.

First off, I'd open and shut all of the doors, including the boot, just in case one of them wasn't shut properly last time round. Also, look at the boot lid with respect to the rear wings - does it appear to be sitting proud of the wings, or does it shut nice and level? If the boot has raised, then chances are the bolts have dropped off the striker plate (both my Lag 1's did this at least once.) That might just give you these symptoms, even when the boot is shut. Try leaning on the boot lid to push it into its correct position and see if the car will lock then.

After that, you're probably looking at a faulty door switch (does the interior courtesy light work correctly, or have you had to switch it off manually?) Fortunately, if I recall correctly, the Lag 1 still has conventional post switches in the doors. They should be easy enough to get out and check/repair/replace.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome