Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - New Laguna II MP3 changer disc formats

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 26th October 2005 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Yes, there's a very very very nice man sorting me out with some tape (maybe he should work for the AA.)

From what I've seen of it so far, I love it. And having driven it, it really doesn't seem any slower than my old 2.0IDE, in spite of having 10 BHP less and a worse 0-60 on paper. I'm head-over-heels with the colour too, which is a relief considering I went for it unseen. Most of the time it's black, but when it gets a bit of sunlight it's dark blue, until the sun hits it directly at which point it's green. It's nowhere near as dramatic as that 'chamelion paint' but it's still a nice touch. I'm just wondering what colour it will look when it gets dirty (I know a bit of dirt instantly turned Eclipse from 'black' to 'grey.')

The parking brake is taking a little getting used to. The temptation is to just become one of those muppets who sits on the brake pedal while waiting at traffic lights, but I'm going to do my best to resist. The fella who delivered it says these brakes are great once you learn to trust them, and he has to run the cars on and off the back of a flatbed truck, so he knows a thing or two about hill-starts.

The only thing that's eluded me so far is... where exactly is the driver's cup holder? You can supposedly determine the technology that's gone into a car by how clever the cup holders are - this one must be really good, because they've managed to design an invisible one.

The best bit was filling it with fuel and the attendant asking me for my mileage (I have an All Star fuel card.) The answer was '9.' It's done 24 miles now. I'm still a little sad that the old girl has gone, but the new one more than makes up for it
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome