Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Scenic II - Window Regulator Brackets/Clips

View Single Post
post #101 of (permalink) Old 2nd November 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault - Scenic II - Window Regulator Brackets/Clips

Thanks to all those who have helped with this thread. I managed to follow the instructions and replaced the clip.

For information:

Front Clips are green. Part Number: 77 01 209 365
Rear Clips are white. Part Number: 77 01 209 366

My local Renault garage supplied them no trouble (both were about 4.80 for a pair) but the main dealer I went to firstly refused to sell me them because apparently they're not available separately. Thanks to having the part number though, he looked and couldn't say they weren't available! As they didn't have them on the shelf though, I went back to the local garage.

The clips are very easy to fit. I used a T27 star screw head remove the bracket and the door covering and T25 star screw head to remove the coil assembly and to attach the new bracket to the window when completed.

When I took the whole assembly out of the door, all of the wires were completely tangled up in black bit but using the T25 to undo the 3 screws that hold it in place and it just popped out! A bit of fiddling to get the wires wrapped around. I think it was the longer wire going on the outside hole so that it then goes down and around the bottom of the assembly. Make sure that the wires go all the way around and meet in grooves NEXT to each other (not the same groove if that makes sense) so that you have the correct tension.

When it comes to attaching the wires to the new bracket, I found that doing this BEFORE clipping the bracket onto the assembly was the easiest way. The tension in the wires is too much to do it any other way I found.

The new bracket will just snap on to the assembly with a little force. It is worth checking which bit goes where before you start!

Hope these pointers are of some use to someone out there.

All in all, I think next time I could do the whole replacement in about 30-45mins (although this time took a lot longer as I didn't realise I could remove the coil assembly bit and I then got the short and long cables round the wrong way on the coil assembly so the window stopped about 1 inch short of the top!)

Good luck and enjoy the savings!!!
Currently in kennybase's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome