Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - No Cruise Control Display/Logo and Quicker Computer Prompting...???

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 17th December 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
My cruise and limiter behaves as you're expecting yours to, so either Renault have changed the functionality, or you do have a problem with yours.

Did you buy this car from Renault or another car dealer? I'm guessing Renault's first reaction will be to try to sell you a new instrument cluster (approximately 500 quid or their standard way of saying "we know you' won't spend that kind of money on such a trivial problem, now don't let the door hit you on the way out.") But if you bought the car from Renault, you might have a bit more leverage in getting it sorted FOC.

As for the voice warnings, I'm pretty sure my old 02 used to throw up warnings like the handbrake and doors as soon as the car hit a set speed (I think this might be the magic 7mph that the doors auto lock at.) As for the seatbelt warning, in order to gain maximum points in the EuroNCAP tests, these have to warn you in a very specific way. They should nag you for a certain length of time with a beep then nag you for a bit with a louder beep (I think the voice may replace this louder beep on Lags with the voice synth) and then ultimately shut up if you want to take your chances with an airbag that was only designed to operate in conjunction with a seatbelt

What I'm trying to say (in my usual round-about way) is that if it told you about the seatbelt too soon, they'd lose points on the NCAP test. Silly, but true.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.

Last edited by Horatio; 17th December 2006 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Fixed spolling mistook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome