Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Towbar electrics on Renault Laguna 2

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 26th October 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I assumed that it was multiplex, which was why I spent 50 quid on the official loom from Renault. What I got was just a bundle of wires, with no relays or clever black boxes apart from the standard buzzer relay for the indicators.

So if Renault don't think you need bypass relays, then I'm guessing that you probably don't. In any case, 80 quid is a bit steep even for a 6 way bypass relay (though the job is a bit more complicated if you're not having the supplementary electrics socket, as they have to find a decent 12v feed to power the trailer bulbs.)

Anyway, I'm having a towbar put on my new one tomorrow by an NTTA approved towbar fitter. He hasn't mentioned anything about using bypass relays, and he's doing the whole transplant (remove bar from old car, fit to new car and completely re-do both towing sockets with new components) for 140 quid all-in. I'll report back when I've seen what he actually does.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome