Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio 1.2 (2002) 16V Dynamique - Failing to start and cutting out

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 17th December 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Clio 1.2 (2002) 16V Dynamique - Failing to start and cutting out

Hi All,

Me again!!

I wrote a posting on the site a little while ago about my car cutting out and being unable to start!

The same problem appears to have been popping up since.

The coil light (heart beat symbol) in orange appears and cuts the engine out when stationary and fails to start, and is only doing so if I'm lucky after a number of occasions.

A diagnostic revealed a problem with the wiring loom. The garage insisted that the security box to the rear of the vehicle (design fault) cuts throught he wire causing the problem above. But what it has done is only just started cutting through the outer black plastic and not the wire itself. It is an expensive problem ( around 400 ).

Does anyone please know the definative answer to this problem or a decent garage local to the Bedfordshire area?

A desperate cry for help

Thanks in advance

Currently in Harry_Potter's garage:
Renault Clio 1.2 16V Dynamique (3dr)
  5 Lastest Threads by Harry_Potter
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
How easy / How do you remove and replace wiring... Clio davesss 3 5370 23rd December 2006 11:22 AM
Clio 1.2 (2002) 16V Dynamique - Failing to start... Clio molar 3 2784 17th December 2006 08:39 PM
Renault Clio II - Electronics - Changing headlamp... Clio Brilec 6 13005 28th November 2006 01:26 PM
Two problems: Knocking noise Believed from Engine... Clio TazzyK 8 9925 28th November 2006 01:03 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome