Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic Shaking / Vibrating at 40mph through 60mph mainly in 4th and 5th gear ???

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 4th November 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Talking Scenic Shaking / Vibrating at 40mph through 60mph mainly in 4th and 5th gear ???

Hi all

Apologies to anyone perturbed by me posting about a potential topic already discussed - but im unable to fine a similar post -

I have a 2002 1.8 fidji that when driving between 40 and 60 shakes / vibrates.

It goes from a gentle vibration to actually feeling like the car is shaking from side to side...

It feels like its coming from the engine bay.

it doesn't feel like it is coming through the steering wheel, however I have had the wheels balanced anyway.

I know the rear discs are pitted and need replacing - and the garage (local independent) reckons it might be that, that is causing the problem - I am slightly weary though and think that they actually don't have a clue and are just guessing...

im shying away at the moment from booking it in at my local Renault garage purley due to the minimum cost of 80 they are going to charge just to look at it!

if its a relatively simple job to fix, i'll do it myself..

any thoughts ?????

misfire - coil pack - engine mount etc

im racking my brains so any help / advice will be hugely appreciated
Currently in impromento's garage:
2002 scenic fidji 1.8
  5 Lastest Threads by impromento
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Mk 1 Scenic - possible repercussions of driving... Engines impromento 6 963 10th March 2014 07:03 PM
Scenic Shaking / Vibrating at 40mph through 60mph... Cars & motoring Regg1e 11 4521 4th November 2013 11:04 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome