Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #254 of (permalink) Old 18th December 2006
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via Skype™ to SamWoerth
Thumbs down Feedback to Renault -

It is my impression that Renault management is NOT using the best & most useful customer feedback available.
Further that although the Renault Forum is totally independent, approaches MUST be made to the bosses. Its crazy that we see persistently repeating problems on our cars, indeed its a nonsense that any customer friendly outfit just leaves it to its local dealers to fix. Admittedly these dealers make money (if out of warranty) in the process, however surely it is better for the manufacturer to address these problems. Firstly to improve their product, cut down warranty claims, but also to put out notes /modifications that overcome or address these faults.
1. There is the repeated reports of engine juddering on the Megane.
2. The coming off of the alternator pulley wheels on numerous models. This is daft & dangerous. Not to mention possibly causing other damage to the vehicle.

No doubt there are others too.

Do any other members feel the same way?
If so lets see the response. Having to go to Watchdog to get action, gives the impression
'Stuff you (customer) -Take it or leave it!'

However just supose the pulley fell off on the motoway and caused serious damage or a fatality to another motorist. Then having known about the fault, Renault would be in court.

As a past chairman of police and housing liaison groups, I witnessed the success of feedback. The organisations I worked with 'CARED' and benefitted from feedback, as their customers did.
If Renault or any other outfit is to progress, as ASDA realised when the new management arrived - the sooner they bring in parties effected by their products/services, the better will be their long term sales & development. Publicity & promotion costs millions, happier customers are the best, cheapest asset you can acquire.

Merry Christmas to all Renault drivers, especially the colleagues - with their pulleys off - like mine yesterday!
Currently in SamWoerth's garage:
1.6 Megane Saloon MkII 04 - previous MkI - wrote off- back ended
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome