Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #258 of (permalink) Old 18th December 2006
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by dominic View Post
Hi my name is Dominic.

I am a driving instructor from Yeovil.

I have a Clio 1.5dci (01-01-2003) my bonnet hit my screen at 55mph two days ago. PLEASE tell me how you are taking the fight to Renault. They cannot get away with this because in the name of proffit someone is going to "DIE"

As has been sid in other posts Renault will just deny it has anything to do with them. If you have not contacted Renault customer services (for all the good it'll do!), VOSA and Trading Standards I would do this straight away. Next if your car insurance doesn't have legal cover have a look at your home insurance policy.

I had the same accident a month ago and last week my lawyers put a claim into Renault. Both Renault and VOSA try to say everyone this has happened to has not closed there bonnet correctly. Doubt that once someone gets a Clio they all of a sudden don't know how to shut there bonnet correctly. I feel that if it is the case, which I doubt, that the bonnet clip does not engage correctly once it is closed in accordance with the manual then surely this also indicates a fault. Renault and VOSA's arguments are seriously flawed and I really hope my case goes all the way to court so as it can be challenged.

Others have contacted there MSP's and I think a few in England are considering a group action. Good luck with your case keep us updated.
Currently in Meesh's garage:
2003 Renault Clio Billabong
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome