Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #260 of (permalink) Old 18th December 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by dominic View Post
Hi my name is Dominic.

I am a driving instructor from Yeovil.

I have a Clio 1.5dci (01-01-2003) my bonnet hit my screen at 55mph two days ago. PLEASE tell me how you are taking the fight to Renault. They cannot get away with this because in the name of proffit someone is going to "DIE"
Exactly my sentiments since day one. Your car isn't even old.

First port of call... write to Renault customer services and ask them if they would consider putting your car right free of charge. Your contact should be

Second port of call, write to BBC's Watchdog and tell them you want to add your name to their list of victims.

Third port of call, write to VOSA (Stuart Jenkins) and ask him what the authorities intend to do about this highway hazard.

Next visit Aaron Brigatti's site at Brigatti On-line - or email him at and ask him if he has heard any more from any of these people that he has been dealing with.

I think it may be time to researchm who is in charge of dishing out safety certificates in the E.U. and to see if they justify their 5* award to the Clio and other Renaults.

I hope you have legal assistance cover from your insurers because you may need it.

My view is that Renault (not just U.K.) dare not accept liability because of the enormous implications. This cannot be just a matter of bonnet catches and repairs to cars.... there must be more than we know about, like for instance, serious casualties. Can this be one such incident???
Leicestershire Constabulary - Can you help?

Unfortunately. they don't give an email address for the officer in charge so that I can enquire if he has considered this possibility. It sounds like they are well stumped for an explanation of why this happened.
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome