Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - New Laguna II MP3 changer disc formats

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 27th October 2005 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Originally Posted by VEL SATISfied
Hi guys, just a small note. When burning your own cd's and playing them in the car, if stick on cd labels have been used, then on a long run the warm air from the engine can cause the labels to peel thus allowing the cds to jam in the player. (just a reminder)
An excellent point. In fact I wouldn't let a paper labelled CD anywhere near any kind of slot-loading player.

I think the heat is more to do with the player itself - they crowbar some fairly hefty amplifiers into some pretty small units. There are usually heat sinks on the back, but even then the in-dash fitting doesn't offer the best ventilation to cool them down. The Kenwood system that I fitted into my last-but-one Laguna would go into thermal shutdown if you played it too loud on a very hot day.

A separate amplifier (which I believe the Renault 6 disc in-dash changer system has) should allow the actual player to run a lot cooler. But I'll still settle for labelling my discs with a CD pen, at least until I get around to buying a printer that'll print straight onto printable CDs and DVDs.

Edit: Make that 'last but two Laguna.' I'm losing count of them now.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome