Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #267 of (permalink) Old 18th December 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by dominic View Post
Hi Vass

My local Newspaper wants to run a story on the clio bonnet catch problem. (I mentioned before that I am a driving intructor.) I no longer subscribe to the Express or I would have suggested it to their Watchdog desk. If anyone else fancies putting the question to them, go ahead.

I am resigned to the fact that I not going to get my car fixed by Renault . The reason for the article in the paper is purely to educate as many people as possible to the danger and hopefully prevent someone from getting hurt. If you are already resigned, you are wasting your time m8. If enough people make enough noise, there will be a suitable reaction; French farmers keep proving it over and over again.

Q. Do you or anyone else have any figures on how many people this has happend to u.k and or europe? I think Brigatti has quite a bit of data. Try emailing him because he does not come online regularly. He is quite a busy chap apparently.

Q. What would you or anyone else viewing this like to be put in the article. Pressure on Renault to compensate those who have suffered damages.

Q. How many people would be willing to submit their story/details +photo if you have. Most have already written to BBC's Watchdog, but the latter's agenda has a much wider spectrum than the motorist's world.

Any information that is sent to me that will help with this article would be gratefully received. If you don't contact Aaron, there is a string of names you could take from these pages and maybe PM them for their opinion.

Shouldn't you be a bit more cautious of giving your email addy in this fashion? Loads of software out there trying to intercept addies like yours. Try substituting @ with " at" and the period with "dot"; it should be just that little bit safer.

Best regards.
I hope that helps at least a little because I can imagine how frustrating this is for those who have been through such an event.
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome