Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Can i drive after MOT fail or not?

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 5th November 2013
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Can i drive after MOT fail or not?

Before I bought the Meg, I had a ****box Nissan Sunny that had always cost a fortune to keep legal (couldn't afford to replace, so kept repairing as that cost less). Anyway, with 14 days to go, I had booked it for MOT. It came back with a list as long as the Titanic of failures/advisories, not least of all the rear suspension, which the garage (now defunct) was *meant* to have fixed, they conceded that repaired was a cost to be borne by them as I could prove they had 'repaired' it. At the bottom of the list 'this vehicle should not be driven on the public highway'. The service receptionist said I could continue to drive it until the current certificate expired, the unroadworthiness related to the new certificate. OH wasn't happy though, and took the keys off me straight away. I got to borrow the Dagenham Dustbin until I bought the Meg

'Oh mice, dear mice, I love you all, but there are so many of you' (Bagpuss, 1973)
Currently in karenlouise1967's garage:
Scenic 1.9 dCi Privilege, before that a heap of rubbish aka Scenic 2.0 RXE now finally moved from neighbour's drive by the recyclers, before that a much loved Megane 1 Coupe 2.0 (RIP)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome