Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 1.9DCi ST - Rear Wiper

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 19th December 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Please please could some more people help me out with this problem.

I saw an 06 reg ST last night and spoke to the owner who ran the wiper for me and that too definitely does a full arc and not 3/4 sweep.

Basically the whole story is that i was hit up the rear end 10weeks ago by a mad white van man and have had 5,500 worth of repairs done. The whole tailgate was demolished as well as him shunting me up the road into the car in front, so i have had both new rear end and front end.

The car is perfectly straight and drives as perfectly as it ever did. I have full copies of all the geometry print outs as well as having viewed the repairs throughout the process. i have also had it independently checked for tracking alignment and its straight. The main repairs i am very happy with, but its the minor bits and bobs that need ironing out. Especially as i have only ever had one minor warranty issue since owning the car from new.

The only items in the rear door that werent new were the wiper motor and rear lock mechanisms. Both of these i have had problems with. The rear door after 2 days back wouldnt unlock, but this has now been rectified with new switch gear. They have also now apparently also repalced the wiper motor but argue that the wiper which also is 'creaky' is not meant to sweep a full arc. My problem is they say that they have checked with their sister co. who are the local Renault dealers and that all ST's dont fully sweep the rear screen....this i'm not in 100% agreement with but need fuel for my argument before i re-tackle them.

I know that it sounds trivial but all i ever wanted was the car back as it was...something they did promise me, plus the fact it doesnt fully wipe the rear screen means my offside is blurred when raining, something i think is a safety issue.

Thanks for your help everyone and sorry to have rambled on
Currently in Noj's garage:
04 Laguna II ST 1.9Dci Dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome