Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Resetting / Rebooting Renault Laguna ???

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 19th December 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Resetting / Rebooting Renault Laguna ???

I've got a couple of tiny problems with my 2001 Renault Laguna 3l Initialé.

The first is regarding the Cruise Control, I can feel it working, and use it, but don't get any icons on the dash, or the screen on the computer to set the speed.

The second is that the voice seems to only want to talk when it feels like it... not when I want it to. IE. I leave the lights on on purpose and only 60% of the time does it tell me when I go to leave the vehicle.

I was wondering if it's possible to reboot/restart the onboard computer by disconnecting the battery supply for a while and then reconnecting? Is this possible, or do I really have to take it to Renault? I'm not so keen on this as they've told me that it's £100 odd plus VAT before they do anything, just to cover the first hour. Then £50 for basic check etc etc, and I can see these two minor things opening a box I don't want opened...........

If I can restart it, is it the +ve or -ve I'm best taking off, and how long do I disconnect for?

When I reconnect, is it just the stereo and windows I reset, or will I need to do anything with the alarm/imb. or any other toys on board?

Currently in jmdrizen's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna 3.0l v6 Auto
  5 Lastest Threads by jmdrizen
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Resetting / Rebooting Renault Laguna ??? Electronics andylowe 8 2894 19th December 2006 04:05 PM
No Cruise Control Display/Logo and Quicker... Electronics jmdrizen 4 1003 16th December 2006 09:55 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome