Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio Running Fine (Now) - Toxic Fume Light On?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 21st December 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Clio Running Fine (Now) - Toxic Fume Light On?

Wondering if anyone could possibly help regarding a Clio issue that I though I'd rectified - (one of many).

My Clio 1.2 was recently recovered by The AA due to firing on three cylinders after the ECU wiring feed was shorted through vibration / abrasion. It appears this caused a short to the coil pack and caused the running on three cylinders issue. The coil pack was only recently, (about 2 months ago) - replaced with a quality item and since re-fitting the ECU wiring and insulating and re-seating the poor ECU wire cover, replacing the TDC sensor and cleaning all wires, contacts relating to any sensors the engine is now running fine. The only problem is that it appears the Toxic Fume Monitoring Light is on and won't go off, despite the battery disconnection during ECU wiring work.
Does the Renault simply need a reset after the oil pack electrical spike or is it possible that the coil pack is enabling the engine to run but the spike has knocked the coil pack enough to trigger a voltage issue?
Any help would be much appreciated, I'm starting to like the little Clio despite spending many, many hours on it since it's purchase, each time asking if this will be the last.
Currently in CL10's garage:
Renault Clio 1.2 expresion+
  5 Lastest Threads by CL10
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio No Spark - Please Help ! Clio chris m 15 5291 20th February 2007 09:17 PM
Difference 16V - 8V cam belt? Engines TB7837 6 1861 20th January 2007 08:56 PM
Clio Running Fine (Now) - Toxic Fume Light On? Clio chris m 6 3040 21st December 2006 09:06 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome