Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - New Laguna II MP3 changer disc formats

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 28th October 2005 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Yep, I'm finally getting to grips with the thing now. Pressing the CD button (on the dash) shows all of the file and folder names. It's just a shame they haven't formatted the display to handle long file and folder names a bit better.

As far as I can work out, it deals with the file and folder names only. ID3 tags don't appear to come into it, though they're possibly involved when you go into the 'audio description' (or whatever it's called, I forget) option.

The sat-nav is brilliant. I hated the old Carminat, but this is just so much better, though I caught it out this morning on the M56E to M6 junction - at one point it was telling me to go on the A50, but corrected itself once I'd passed the M6 north/south split. I won't be retiring TomTom because it can handle user POI's (including speed cameras) but they really have thought the sat-nav out well in every other respect. I haven't tried the detour option yet, but I'll give it a go. The old Carminat was so stupid that it'd take you off at every motorway exit, around the roundabout and back onto the motorway in the same direction - it thought that was a legitimate detour.

I noticed on the DVD case that they've moved from Navtech to Navteq data (the spelling makes a big difference.) TomTom uses Navteq (TeleAtlas) too, and knows the M6 toll.

TMC seems to have been done pretty well, but the information still isn't up to scratch when compared with TrafficMaster. My YQ2 won't be retiring just yet.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome