Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Onboard Diognostics

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd December 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Lightbulb Onboard Diognostics

I am new to this forum and can not find a section on obd and scanners that work with renaults.
so I will start with my own ideas
I own and use autoenginuity software to look at faults
and it works with all makes of cars including renault from 2001 on. but as with other cars I can look at obd sensors while the engine is running (it helps).
now with my renault laguna 2 1.8 the socket has a metal bridge across 2 of the pins witch is connected to the cap that covers the socket under the ashtray.
once I connect to the ecu every thing is fine and can see all obd sensors but can not start the engine.
this is because the bridge need to be in place to start the engine now how can I check live readings.
please help in this. I do not want to bridge it my self then connect incase it damages the labtop or the car maybe there is a way around this or renault did this so you have to use there own software the renault clip.
things I have found out about is if a car any car is hard to start from cold and is fine when hot it is most liky to be your coolant sensor and that the key card has to be ordered from renault if you brake one (no way round this)
air mass sensors can be cleaned with electrical spray to try and fix (not wd40) this may work sometimes.
I am sorry if this all sound abit like a newbee
but you could do with a section on this topic for all to read.
Currently in chriscreed450's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II 1.8 dynamique
  5 Lastest Threads by chriscreed450
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
laguna 2 heater blower not blowing to winscreen Heating & cooling Leroybrown 10 7331 11th January 2007 06:48 PM
Onboard Diognostics Electronics gordonpringle 5 2063 22nd December 2006 01:36 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome