Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Grande Scenic - Stage 3 car seats don't fit

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 22nd December 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi Paul.

Thanks for the info. There are of course stage 2 boosters as well which overlap with stage 3s, but you are correct about the safety issue. Fortunately, our youngest has a long time to go before he needs a stage 3.

Although, I do agree with the legislation about child safety, I don't think we can completely blame the car manufacturers, as I believe the government have opened a can of worms. I would much rather have a medium sized family hatch back, much more economical and environmentally friendly. However, the Scenic is one of the few cars where 3 car seats will physically fit, so we are forced to buy MPVs even though the government discourages us from buying them. I have found myself buying a Peugeot 107 to go to work as my journey is just not suitable for MPV driving (lots of driving through narrow streets in London).

Anyway, keep up the campaign.

Originally Posted by pauldv View Post
Hi Apsande

Boosters are ok if your kids are big enough. Under the new legislation they are not suitable for children just coming out of a stage 2 seat based on the weight guidance issued by the government, as you point out they aare also not as safe. For our three year old he regularly falls asleep in the car and with only a booster would not be safely restrained.

I will comtinue to update this thread if Renault come back as promised at the end of January.

Currently in apsande's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome