Join Date: Nov 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Changing Headlight Bulbs
The only thing I can think to say is...
What on EARTH were the designers thinking??
No wonder Halfords charge £5 to do it (actually, my local Halfords refused to do it)
1. Remove the wheel in the arch where the lightbulb is
2. Open the bonnet and unscrew the black plastic cover from above the light mount
3. Remove the little cap in the wheel arch to gain access to the light
4. Unscrew the protection cap from the back of the mounting
5. Before removing any lightbulbs, wiggle the back of the one you think is the problem and confirm by looking at the front as to which is moving
6. CAREFULLY remove the metal clip from around the bulb by squeezing it either side of the bulb
7. Carefully remove the wiring from the back of the bulb
8. Take out the old bulb and insert a new one. It doesnt screw, it just sits - safely! Ensure it is square inside the bracket though
9. Replace the clip around the bulb
10. Add the wiring to the back of the bulb and test.
This is just ridiculous. Taking a wheel off to change a sodding bulb?
Sorry if I sound petty or childish, but all I have for my trouble is a cut wrist & covered in gunk from the car.
(and no bulb change)
Currently in brody77's garage:
2005 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi