Independent Renault Forums banner

CD Changer Issues .

4K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  puppenmord 
#1 ·
Hi there , please allow a newbie to ask a question -

I recently bought a Y reg (2001) Scenic and then I went on to aquire a CD Changer and Cable (seperately) on E-Bay .

I just tried them out and this is what happens :

When you slot the CD cartridge into the Changer it takes each disk in turn into the playing position then after disk 6 it returns to position 1 pulls that disk into the playing position , spins the disk for a few seconds but then stops before any music comes out .

I can't select Changer on either the Head Unit or the Stearing Wheel Controller at any time .

Now , I don't know whats actually supposed to happen but my old changer in my previous car just played disk 1 without any hassle , at first I tried a few different disks thinking that was the issue ...

Any hints , tips or suggestions other than don't buy stuff from E-Bay :steam:

#2 ·
Any hints , tips or suggestions other than don't buy stuff from E-Bay :steam:
I guess not :(

anyhoo , I reckon either my cable or the changer are not compatable ... there are wires within the cable that are not 'paired' with anything when connected to the changer plug !

I have a Tuner List head unit, the changer has a green eject button and my cable is numbered 100129-001 and has a yellow 'square' on the plug ..

anyone able to help ?

#7 ·
Hi Ned - it sounds as though you may have a changer which is not compatible with the headunit - if you could describe the connection socket on the changer I will confirm (e.g. how many pins, and pattern of the pins).
Rgds
Goldie
Sounds like it's uncompatible to me. I fitted a VDO unit to my 02 Scenic which has a blue conection lead. Just plugged it in and away it went!!
Unfortunatly my Scenic was written off in Nov so I have a 6 mth old CD unit and lead up for grabs.
If your intrested get in touch
VDO Dayton - CHM 604 MP3 this is the link to the unit if you want to have a look
Regards
Ian
Cheers Chaps ,

I'm at work just now so I can't give you exact details right now ... if it's any help here are links to the items as they appeared on e-bay :

Cable
Changer

I had noticed that the pattern of the Cable Pins did not correspond to the pattern on the Changer Plug .

(2001 'Y' Reg Scenic / Tuner List as stated before)

#11 ·
Hi Tara
Should fit no problem as long as the radio/ cassette has "tuner list" printed on it.

Installation was easy.
Step 1 removed the tray unit from under the passenger seat (only to screws)
Step 2 drilled holes in top of unit 6mm bit and mounted brackets
Step 3 removed all transport screws from changer and covered with sticky patches supplied
Step 4 mounted the changer on brackets and replaced in car
Step 5 Removed radio/ cassette from dash using removal tool from Halfords £3.99
Step 6 Plugged supplied lead into matching blue socket in rear of radio (Must admit I took the chance and didn’t disconnect the battery or unplug the radio. I hate having to re-enter codes. Being lazy but would recommend you shouldn’t do this. But I had no problems)
Step 7 Removed passenger floor heater vent trim (1 screw)
Step 8 feed lead down back of radio, I then passed this under gear lever / handbrake trim, remove to screws in the rear handbrake trim (where vents are in the rear) feed lead through and under passenger seat. There is a panel here which if you remove the plastic grommets you can store the remaining lead.
Step 9 Connect the lead to the cd changer.
Step 10 Load cd’s, put kettle on, make tea and enjoy your new sounds!!!!

Being a MP3 cd player I have managed to get 118 tracks per cd, that’s over 700 tracks in total!
The changer works with steering wheel remote and gives full info on display (no’s of tack and cd no’s)
If your intrested contact me at idhancock@btinternet.com
Regards
Ian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.