Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Squeaking back wheels/breaks/what??

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12th November 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy Squeaking back wheels/breaks/what??

I have found in the last few days that on the scenic I have owned since Thursday there is a squeaking from the back of the car. very quiet noise on drivers side that can only be noticed when in the back drivers side with windows down and sitting close to window.
However there is a much worse noise from the back passenger side which seems to be from the wheels or wheel area (posting in breaks as not sure if it is this) that can be heard from all round the car.

This is not continuous.

Happens when driving straight and sometimes when turning.

Some time worse than others but when driving at higher speed (national speed limit) the noise does not seem to be there (unless I can not hear due to road noise?) but have noticed it at a range of speed up to the area of 40mph (may be higher and not noticed).

This noise stops whenever I touch the breaks.

Have had a look at back wheels and can not see anything wrong (but what do i know).
Can take images if needed and send them to you.

Have tried to record the sound on my phone and you can hear the noise in between road noises. Part of recording is from front passenger seat and part from back passenger seat.
Can send you this if you like. (Can i upload audio to this post?)

Please advise. Failing all else I will contact garage tomorrow and ask them to take a look.

This is the second car from that garage as first had warning light issue under warranty and they could not fix so paid a little extra for this car which is larger and nicer. Would hope not to have another big issue with this like I had with the last car.

Car is a renault scenic 2003 fidji 1.9.

Please help.

Currently in chcnorris29's garage:
  5 Lastest Threads by chcnorris29
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Touched a bumper. Bodywork madnoel10 5 1053 22nd January 2014 04:54 PM
Alarm Electronics andy-fish 3 802 1st December 2013 06:58 PM
Where are they located? Engines lancs dave 3 661 24th November 2013 03:52 PM
"Floppy" sun visor. Interiors karenlouise1967 12 1872 23rd November 2013 05:43 PM
Does it have DMF? Transmissions Sparky72 1 774 17th November 2013 02:01 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome