Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - hazard lights flash randomly

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 24th December 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
woo hooo!!!!! got a permanant soloution...

heres an update on whats been happening with the hazard lights,

they pretty much stayed on constantly when i indicated especially driving through central london, ohhh how i hate the sound of a car horn lol

anyways, heres what i done.... pull the drivers seat as far forward as you can, then in the rear passengers footwell behind the drivers seat pull back the carpet, then under the carpet in a plastic case/tray (in my case filled with water) you will find the siemens control box for the alarms. I unhooked all the connections tapped them up and removed the control box they were connected to. the control box was burned out and corroded away, in the bin it went!! after drying up the water (which leaked through the sunroof) the immobiliser and central locking worked a treat and so did the indicators YEY! just means i dont have the added pleasure of an alarm. hope this helps anyone having probs with their hazards playing up or alarm probs.. Thanks!!
Currently in sigmarsda's garage:
M reg renault laguna 1.8

Last edited by sigmarsda; 28th December 2006 at 03:38 PM. Reason: fixed the prob
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome