Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic 97 Dead - but Battery Perfect!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 30th October 2005 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Scenic 97 Dead - but Battery Perfect!

I have a 97 Scenic with suddenly a strange problem. When I tried to open the car with the zappers, nothing happened. I opened it manually, put the key in the ignition and turned it but still nothing - everything powerless. The only thing that worked was the Hazzard Indicator lights. When zapping the central locking, I can hear a small clicking which was from an electronic module located behind the fuse board under the dash beside the drivers door.

To cut a long story short, I connected jump leads to the terminal under the bonnet (the battery is under the drivers seat) and zapped the central locking to open the car and knock off the built in immobilizer. When I put the key in the ignition, the dashboard lights lit up as normal.

I then Disconnected the Jump Leads and then tried starting the car and it was PERFECT. The car has been perfect for the past two days but the same thing happened again today. Therefore, I can only assume that there is some relay between the battery and the under bonnet connector and this was re-energized to allow the whole immobilizer system to de-activate.

My problem now is that I have absolutely NO idea what part I need to replace. I am considering running a cable permanently from the battery + to the + connector under the bonnet.

And help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Currently in ChampionC's garage:
1997 Scenic RT 1.6
  5 Lastest Threads by ChampionC
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Scenic - Oil Level Read Out Explained Scenic trakker 20 38566 1st April 2007 09:23 PM
Where is the Idle Control Valve located Engines Lagdti 3 2383 4th March 2007 11:06 AM
Those damn screw down battery terminals Electronics madnoel10 12 3395 2nd March 2007 08:35 PM
What part controls the idle speed Engines caribbeancelt 7 2849 19th February 2007 08:59 AM
What controls the idle speed ? Engines chris m 1 1507 17th February 2007 08:08 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome