Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane 1 Starting Problems

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th December 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Megane 1 Starting Problems

I have a 1997 renault megane 1.6 8v which will not start. Over the past couple of weeks it has had some running problems, cut out once in traffic but started again immediately and when pulling off its been a bit jerky on a few occasions. I came to use it the other night and it started fine but cut out before i got off the drive. It restarted and cut out a few more times but now it won't start at all. It turns over fine but will not fire.

When i looked at it i found there was no spark, so after checking connections and no joy i replaced ignition leads and spark plugs (been meaning to do it anyway). Still nothing. Have tested the coils using a multimeter and all resistances appear to tally with the figures in the Haynes manual. After some reading up i replaced the TDC sensor as it seems to be a common problem with these cars. Still won't fire though at one point there was a spark but very intermitent.
As far as i can tell the immobiliser is working properly.

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.

Currently in monkeyman's garage:
1997 renault megane 1.6
  5 Lastest Threads by monkeyman
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane 1 Starting Problems Cars & motoring monkeyman 2 938 26th December 2006 02:14 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome