Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 1 Heater Blower Problem

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 27th December 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna 1 Heater Blower Problem

I'm at my wits end with this, I hope someone can help.

Can someone explain how the blower circuit works? Here's the diagram from my Haynes Manual:

With the ignition switched off I have 12V on terminal A3. This is reasonable since it's more or less connected to the battery. Here's the thing - when I switch the ignition on, the top relay energises, the voltage at A3 drops to 0V and the voltage at A1 (the top one, there are two just for extra confusion) goes from 0 to 12V. What the? How can A3 drop to 0?

The only thing I can think is that the diagram is wrong, it does say "typical". Does anyone have an "actual" diagram? I can't understand why, if the relay is energising, I'm not getting any fan action. I've eliminated the speed selector, literally. It was well goosed so I have bits of wire shorting the connector terminals to simulate it.

Can anyone help before I take a tree branch to the thing like Basil Fawlty? I've tried 2 different resistor packs, both with good fuses ... what's left to check?

Currently in wilbyforce's garage:
lot, walks and cycles sometimes but rarely runs.
  5 Lastest Threads by wilbyforce
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Fuse Locations Electronics wilbyforce 7 1802 14th December 2007 12:45 PM
Demist Fan Motor Heating & cooling wilbyforce 5 1233 10th November 2007 12:06 PM
Driver's Door Central Locking failed in Locked... Electronics chris m 10 1941 23rd March 2007 04:16 PM
Laguna 1 Cuts Out when Cold Engines wilbyforce 3 852 2nd January 2007 09:30 AM
Laguna 1 Heater Blower Problem Electronics wilbyforce 5 2208 27th December 2006 02:41 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome