Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - renault megane coupe drivers door

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 17th November 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
renault megane coupe drivers door

hi, my 2001 Renault megane coupé 1.6 drivers side door will not open from the outside. I stripped the door down and found that the little clip attached to a threaded rod had come loose from the door handle, I re-clipped it and operational test satis. I came to open it this morning and it wouldn't open again. I opened it from the passenger side and tried it again and then found it opened. it seems to be when I central lock it and then try to open it I have the problem. If I don't central lock it I can open and close it to my hearts content. if I open the door and operate the central locking I can hear and feel door locks operating. Has anyone out there had a similar problem ? and could it be a sticky door latch ?
Currently in wattsjon's garage:
Renault Scenic
  5 Lastest Threads by wattsjon
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
renault scenic hazard warning lights Welcome to RenaultForums wattsjon 0 753 27th May 2015 12:51 PM
Renault Scenic1.5dci Fuel Economy Scenic Tom 1 984 22nd May 2015 06:28 PM
renault megane mk 2 clutch start switch Electronics Nottnoc 4 748 27th April 2015 04:51 PM
renault megane m2 radios In-car entertainment wattsjon 2 722 27th April 2015 03:19 PM
renault megane coupe drivers door Bodywork wattsjon 6 2426 17th November 2013 10:42 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome