Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Vel Satis 2.2dci fuel economy?

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 28th December 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Why choose a Vel Satis...erm interesting question that one..... I have always been a small ish sporty car kinda person having owned everything from a morris minor to a TVR Chimaera, in recent years I have worked very close to home so I could have as mad a car as I wanted but last month I accepted a job that ment the commute from hell. I was faced with the prospect of having to buy something comfortable and diesel....yuck!! I had a look around and considered mondeo's, audi's lagunas and the like but none of them appealed. The one car I saw and liked was the new Honda Civic diesel but I could not justify buying a new car so set myself a much lower budget. As you say the Vel Satis' are a bit of a second hand bargain and mine came in £1000 under budget, all be it high mileage but as an ex fleet car it has a full dealer history and seems to be in good nick.

I love the way it looks, kinda bonkers from some angles and plain ugly from others, all good in my eyes. Also I am a complete gadget friek, and I can not name many other cars that have as many! Finally comfort wise I was well impressed and can not think of many other cars for the money that I would prefer to do 150 miles a day in.

Oh yeh and mine is dark blue just to buck the trend!
Currently in studgies's garage:
2003 Vel Satis
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome