Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

View Single Post
post #323 of (permalink) Old 17th November 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

Grand Scenic on a 56 plate, less than 50k on the clock and the heater blower packed up completely yesterday.
A search found these hallowed pages and after following the advice here I was a bit stumped.

I got the dash apart, 2 mins, arm in, just thin enough, and disconnected the plug, 5 mins, and there was some evidence of overheating on the plug but nothing as bad as pictured here.

Managed to get the pin out of the plug and gave it a little clean up. Whacked it back in and still nothing. At this point the wife also chipped in that on the 5 minute journey that she did that morning that it seemed to warm up much quicker. Hadn't seen anything like that mentioned before on this thread so that was worrying.

Anyway, had the resistor pack out, fuse good. Much scratching of head followed. Still dead and it's starting to look ominous.
Had the burnt pin out of the plug again and this time used a very small flathead screwdriver to close the slot gap considerably. Reassembled and everything works. Deep joy. Another drive confirmed that the temp gauge was back to reading what she expected to see for the journeys she does.

So in my case it looks like it had just expanded the contact enough to cause it to go open circuit. No idea why or if that affected the temp gauge but it all seems ok now.

Just wanted to thank those who posted before and put mine up here in case anyone has something similar.

Good luck all.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome