Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 2 - Electronics - Handsfree Doors Unlocking

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 31st October 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
There are obviously a few still slipping through the net. My car was brand new on Wednesday, but came with the selective automatic opening configuration.

It's a right royal pain in the backside. With the little 'un in tow, it's invariably the back passenger door that I need to open first, and it's an absolute pain having to open the driver's door, lean in and press the button. Of course it's simpler to use the remote, but then that's not very 'hands free.'

So I'm going to have it reprogrammed ASAP. Out of interest, are dealers under an obligation to do this for free, or are they liable to charge? Popping down to the supplying dealer is out of the question - they're a good couple of hundred miles away, so the car is obviously going to be serviced elsewhere.

Also, if I switch over to non-selective automatic opening, can I still unlock just the driver's door using the keycard? This would be the best compromise for me, allowing me to open any door most of the time, but to just unlock the driver's door with the keycard when I'm in a dodgy area.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome